· 100g Cheeza-Peno tortilla chips (~3 cups)
· 1 cup of gluten-free or normal breadcrumbs
· 2 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
· Salt and pepper
· 4 chicken thighs, cut into four pieces each
· 4 Tbspn olive oil
· 2 cups red cabbage, finely shredded
· 1 large carrot or 2 medium carrots, grated or peeled into strips
· ½ cup roughly chopped coriander + extra to serve
· 1 avocado, sliced
· ¾ cup sour cream
· 1 ½ Tbspn lime juice
· Cracked black pepper
· 8 x soft corn tacos
1. Place the corn chips into a food processor and process until finely crushed. Transfer to a plate. Stir in the breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Place the eggs into a shallow dish.
3. Dip each bit of chicken in egg and then the breadcrumb mixture to coat. Set the crumbed chicken pieces aside on a clean plate.
4. Heat the olive oil in a large pan and cook chicken for a few minutes each side until golden and cooked through. You may need to cook the chicken and batches and add extra olive oil in between if the pan is becoming too dry.
5. Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the red cabbage, carrot and coriander.
6. In a small bowl, mix sour cream and lime juice until smooth. Season with black pepper.
7. To serve, divide coleslaw between warmed corn tacos, top with crumbed chicken, sour cream, sliced avocado and extra coriander. Season with salt and pepper if you wish.
Recipe by Emily Hope