· 400 g freshly caught fish fillets (boneless, skinless), chopped into 2 cm pieces – try snapper, trevally,
· ½ cup lime or lemon juice, freshly squeezed is best here
· ¼ pineapple, diced (remove tough core of the pineapple)
· ½ red onion, finely diced
· 1 green chilli, finely chopped
· 1 cup thick coconut milk (make sure the has not separated)
· 1/3 cup fresh coriander, chopped
· Coarse sea salt
· To serve:
· ½ avocado, chopped
· Extra chopped coriander
· Lime or lemon wedges
· Extra sliced chilli
· Extra chopped pineapple pieces
· 1 bag Pineapple Salsa tortilla chips
1. Place fish in a large glass or plastic mixing bowl (do not use metal, the bowl must be non-corrosive).
Add in the lime or lemon juice and leave to marinate at room temperature for 15-20 minutes.
2. Next add the pineapple, red onion, chilli, coconut milk and coriander to the marinated fish and gently
combine. Taste and season with salt if need be.
3. To serve, divide marinated fish between small serving bowls and top with slices of avocado, extra
chopped coriander, and Pineapple salsa tortilla chips on the side.
Recipe by Emily Hope