2 Tbspn olive oil
1 small onion (or ½ large onion), finely diced
1x red pepper, sliced into thin strips
1x yellow pepper, sliced into thin strips
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
Dash chilli flakes
2x 400g canned crushed tomatoes
1 Tbspn tomato paste
Coarse iodised sea salt
Freshly cracked black pepper
4 free-range eggs
¼ cup crumbled feta
Handful of Salted tortilla chips
Handful parsley, chopped
Remaining bag of Salted tortilla chips – to serve
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C. In an over-proof dish suitable for the stove top also, heat the olive oil and soften the onion in a pinch of salt for 3-4 minutes. Add sliced peppers and cook for another 5 minutes. Add garlic and spices and cook for a few extra minutes.
2. Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato paste and season with salt and pepper and leave to simmer for around 10-15 minutes until thickened slightly.
3. Using a large spoon create little holes in the sauce and crack an egg into each. Break the eggs evenly around the pan, one in each quarter.
4. Sprinkle over the feta and roughly crush over the handful of salted tortilla chips and bake in the oven for around 10 minutes until the egg whites are set.
5. Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley, freshly ground black pepper and plenty of Salted tortilla chips for dipping and scooping.
Recipe by Emily Hope